Friday, February 3, 2012

HoLy DeLiCiOuS Pumpkin Protein Bars!!!

HELLO EVERYONE :)

Hope you are GeArEd UP for a GREAT weekend!!! The Super Bowl is kno..knoc...knock-ing on our doors and you KNOW what that means...TONS of not so good for you food! Oh yeah...and football ;) lol!

So...I'm here to pass on a FANTASTIC RECIPE from my current Live Fit workout program with Jamie Eason....PUMPKIN PROTEIN BARS...in hopes that it will inspire you to take the healthier route on some of your game day faves or to try and TaCkLe this one  :) They are OH SOOO YUMMY, FILLING, and even SATISFYING to that sweet tooth FaNaTiC inside of me!

Pumpkin Protein Bars
 Ingredients:
½ C Xylitol Brown Sugar Blend (Ideal)
1- 4 oz. jar baby food applesauce
2 tsp. ground cinnamon
1 ½ tsp. ground ginger
½ tsp. ground clove
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
½ tsp. salt
2 tsp. vanilla extract
4 large egg whites
1- 15 oz. can of raw pumpkin
2 C oat flour
2 scoops vanilla whey protein
½ cup almond milk
½ C chopped walnuts (optional)


Just a few pics of some important ingredients in the recipe :)
***Note: I used Xylitol as my sweetener, but I put a pic of Stevia in the Raw up to show you that you can use this in place of the Xylitol if you cannot find it. A couple other things...the small cup I am holding in my hand is a scoop of vanilla Pure Protein powder and I also added pumpkin pie spice with the cinnamon and ginger.


They turned out PERFECT-O!!!
So moist and dense :) Just how I like them!
The farthest pic to the right is showing you that I go ahead and put each one in their own sandwich baggy. I then put them in the freezer and as I need one, I get it out and pop it in the microwave for 45 seconds and they're done!




Directions:
Preheat the oven to 350.
Spray a 9 X 13 Pyrex dish with non-stick spray.
Combine first 11 ingredients and mix well.
Add the final 3 ingredients (4, if adding walnuts), and mix until incorporated.
Spread batter into the Pyrex dish and bake for 30 min.

Makes 24 squares:

Nutrition (without walnuts): 1 square = 47 calories, .7 g fat, 8 g carbs, 3.7 g protein
Nutrition (with walnuts): 1 square = 63 calories, 2.3 g fat, 8 g carbs, 4 g protein


Let me know what you think!!! We are absolutely LOVING them <3

"You can only achieve what you're willing to pursue...so let's pursue it together!"
ajgilmore12@hotmail.com

Allyson
Ali J.
A.J.
Child of The ONLY GOD
Wifey
Daughter to F1T MaMa and HARD WORKIN' DaDDy
Sista to the BEST
CrAzY Friend
Lover of Health, Fitness, and Nutrition

No comments:

Post a Comment